The #agoodtimetowrite campaign will celebrate writing and youth voice in many forms across social media.
Stay tuned to this space for updates on this project as it grows in the weeks to come.
Support The 826 Today and Tomorrow Fund
The 826 Today and Tomorrow Fund provides free support and platforms for the tens of thousands of students and teachers learning at home today through the #agoodtimetowrite campaign and will enable 826 Network chapters to be prepared for the moment when students once again fill our schools and youth writing centers. The need for these resources is vast, and is made possible through the generosity of people like you. We know there is a lot of need in our communities in this unprecedented moment, and we deeply appreciate your consideration of a gift of any size.
826 believes in the power and possibility of youth voice. From stories about aliens bestowing super basketball powers to memoirs by student activists, our Writing Gallery features over 200 pieces by student authors across the country. No registration required. Come on in!
More Reasons Why It’s
Communities around the world are responding to this crisis with new and exciting ways to write. Here are some joyful clicks that show why it’s a good time to write. Use #agoodtimetowrite to join the movement, share your projects with email@example.com, and we’ll keep updating this space.
- A beautiful online space for students that honors and celebrates Black poets https://furiousflower.org/student-portal/
- Follow #quarantinepoems on Instagram for some much-needed verse and reflection.
- Our friends at McSweeney’s are amplifying the voices of older Americans with their project A Force Outside Myself: Citizens Over 60 Speak. They also have a great list of ways to help independent bookstores.
- A master list of all the children’s authors doing online read-alouds and virtual activities.
- Our friends at Youth Speaks are offering free online workshops for students ages 13-19 here.
- Mo Willems Daily Livestream Doodle and more author-led activities and engagement!
- Check out these resources from the National Novel Writing Month Young Writers’ Program to get your young writer(s) started on their novel.